Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

(10th) Weekend Discussion #3

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
- Chessmaster Savielly Grigorievitch Tartakower (1887-1956)


CONSIDER: Can mistakes lead us to victory? Why is it important for humans to make mistakes in life? Which is more important, the victory or the journey to that victory, and why?

Remember to do the following:

  • Use a pseudonym (pen name) and not your real name when posting,
  • Be detailed in your responses by using experience or evidence as support,
  • You may respond to the question or someone else's posted answer, and
  • Be polite and positive at all times!

2 comments:

  1. I think mistakes can lead you to victory, but I don't know how yet. I have to think about that. But anyways, I think it's important for people to make mistakes so you can learn from them and not repeat them over and over again. And lastly, I think the journey to the victory is more important. From watching the Olympics, I saw that many of the athletes were proud of themselves because of what they had to go through to get there. They realized that all the hours and hard work of training had payed off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mistakes do lead to victory, but they should also not be celebrated. Just because you learn from them, (although it is a good lesson learned), does not mean that they can be forgotten just like that. Which brings me to my answer. Victory is more important than the journey to victory. Yeah yeah, we all know that winning isn't everything, but it sure feels good doesn't it?! So why be happy over losing something you tried so hard to get? The journey to victory is hard and i don't want it taken for granted. Yes, mistakes are something we naturally do once in a while and they do have there lessons. So, in my opinion learn from the lesson but keep in mind what your real goals were.

    ReplyDelete